For those of you who do not know yet who I am, please consult my bio and know that I am a lifer in Golf and was put on this planet to help people enjoy a game that is so profound on so many levels. Golf can be played so easily with the right focus and can be so incredibly frustrating and elusive when you are focused on the wrong task.
The most important tool that started me properly on this journey was the experience I had from age 17 (I am now 51) with the Canadian Ski Patrol and their relentless passion in making sure you knew what you were doing when treating a victim with a broken limb on the ski hill before transporting to hospital with vital information for the Emergency MD.
This information helped guide me through the maze of golf instruction that was based purely on opinions that were based on assumptions of how the human body works. To this day, we do not have any documents, seminars, manuals on basic anatomy in the field of golf instruction which is very disturbing considering we are on the front lines of your abilities to learn this game and play for life!
Last 20 years:
- Canadian Tour and North Florida PGA mini tour 1997 to 1999
- The only Canadian PGA member to ever play left and right in the same bag;
- Medalist Canadian PGA playing ability test for Class A Member
- Intrawest Mt Tremblant 1999-2001
- Director of instruction at Taboo Resort and Spa (Mike Weir’s Home Course) 2002-2004
- Playing and Instruction Editor for Golf Tips Magazine from 2001 to 2004
- Director of Instruction at the Richmond Hill Golf Learning Centre 2005 to present.
- 2011 and 2015 final 3 Nominee for PGA of Ontario Teacher of the Year
- 2018! New Director of Development for Royal Québec Golf Club and Academy
Television and Radio Experience
- Most Popular Teacher on YouTube from 2007 to 2012 and top 5 instructor now with over 33 Million hits and counting with 73 thousand natural and unsolicited subscribers
- Naz and Wally Sports Hour on AM 740 Toronto 2014 – Can’t forget the Zoomers! My Specialty! Insanely important to have a powerful action in any sport that will not strain your body and injure you; this defeats the whole purpose and is not acceptable!
- Top rated entry at Golf Channel’s Instructor Search, Over 800 votes for my entry with Skully and most used entry on Golf Central. They just were not ready for me! 🙂 One day my time will come and the rest of the golf industry will know and understand why the only way to learn is with Wisdom!
- July 2001, Golf Channel’s Academy Live with Jerry Foltz and Mike Ritz
- 2001-2004 Golf Tips Magazine Instruction Editor
- Appeared in numerous articles in Score Golf and Fairways Magazine
- Presenter at the Toronto Golf Show in 2007 and 2018
So, by now, you know what I have done, you know that I know what I am doing, you have a better Idea what I have gone through to get you this cutting edge, top of the heap way to learn motor skills pertaining to golf and, according to many of my thousands of testimonials, other sports such as tennis, baseball, hockey, ping pong, skiing, fishing, carpentry, demolition, grass whipping and scything just to name a few!
Hang on to your hats, this great ride just keeps on getting better and we are in this for the long haul, so get on the roller coaster and stay on it as we head down the rabbit hole to Golf Wonderland!